The Paul Donato Report

This online publication, published by the FRIENDS OF PAUL DONATO, provides a platform for Representative Donato to keep constituents updated on what's happening at the State House. It also provides a means for citizens of the 35th Middlesex District to communicate directly with their Representative. Representative Donato welcomes your comments and suggestions.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Why I publish a blog...

I'm sometimes asked by colleagues in the State House why I publish a blog. From my conversations it's clear that some have concerns about political blog publishing.

First, a few words about why I decided to start publishing this blog. One frustration I had was the difficulty of keeping our Website updated. A Website that's not updated can become like an outdated newspaper. I also realized that over 70% of middle class homes now have access to the Internet...and an increasing number are getting their information from this source.

There's another reason for the decision to publish this blog. A major responsibility of any elected representative is to represent the interests of constituents. This involves engaging in "dialogue" with voters. An interactive blog is an ideal tool to do this. I can send you a hardcopy newsletter but it does not provide for easy feedback. On this blog you just have to click on my email address (www.repdonato38@aol.com )to give feedback...or you can post a comment by clicking on "comments" below.

Every State Representative is anxious to share his/her views with people in their District. I believe an interactive blog is a very useful tool to do this.

Some political representatives are a little apprehensive about publishing a blog because of stuff they have read on the newspaper or seen on television. The fact is that tomorrow's political leaders will be using blogs as a tool to communicate with voters. Look at what just happened in the Connecticut Democratic primary. Irrespective of who you supported in that election it is clear that the Lamont people effectively used blogs to get their message out.

I'm hoping that over the coming months this blog will reach more and more people in my District. If you read the blog and like the content I'm asking that you forward a link to friends and colleagues. All you have to do is to click on the envelope shaped icon below and type in the email address.

Thank you for your consideration.

Update:

You can bookmark my blog by simply typing the URL into your Address Book. The URL is www.repdonato.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home